Hello, I'm user codekobold :)
I like software that sparks joy, tabletop role-playing games and learning new things.
I also like the idea of a little community that shares a Linux server!
My home on the web is codekobold.io.
This place here is where I ramble about small things.
This is also an exercise in minimalism. A single hand-written file, including the CSS.
I have been playing tetris-bsd on the server to relieve stress -- I'm getting there, protodrew! :)
I only played two or three sessions of around one hour each, but I came up with simple strategies. I'm not sure they are optimal, I would love to hear yours.
I like filling the sides first, making sure I don't leave tall gaps there that could only be filled
with a straight piece. Then there is a lot of managing the general structure of the floor: you want
it to be just a bit uneven, so most pieces will have a position in which they fit. Lastly, to get the
highest score possible you want to pick the right level: too high, and you lose too soon, too low and
it takes too long to score enough points. My current record is with level 3 but I'll probably try 4
I just realized that this is turning into more of a life log than a micro blog. I'll try to be more bloggy and less loggy.
- Delved more into JAX. It's really nicely designed, and so good at what it does.
- Functionally procrastinated writing a motivational letter for a job application.
- Cleaned up the CSS for this page. Looks much nicer :)
- Signed up for Kagi's free trial. Liking it so far. I appreciate their attention to the small web.
- Check out kagi.com/smallweb for recent posts from random, curated personal blogs.
- Learned a bunch of stuff about automatic differentiation. It's ok once it clicks.
- Had a three-hour CMake debugging session. CMake is a dumpster fire.
- I finally figured out how to water Asara's plants at https://ctrl-c.club/~Asara!
- I also managed to connect to tilde.chat. irssi did not work for some reason, weechat does.
Eco-anxiety is a thing. Earth beyond six of nine planetary boundaries | science.org.
Started looking a bit into pentesting and reverse engineering, it's a fun world.
For now I'm using hackthebox.com to learn, but I'm open to suggestions!
Back from vacation. I can feel the stress already getting back to uncomfortable levels, but that's just the first impact. I will get used to the routine again.
Started this micro-blog.
Finally enjoying a little bit of vacation. Escaped from crowded, scalding hot beaches to our little b&b up the hill, where there is silence and a gentle breeze.