Things Behind The Sun — Nick Drake
- F#m . . . C#7 . . . E/D . . . C#sus . C#7 .
- I think those are the verse chords… they are cool
- The lower strings have some active picking patterns, and the higher strings are on the off-beat often
- “movement in your brain sends you out into the rain”
- that whole section at the end is really cool where it cycles on the two chords
- same prechorus tension as before but prolonged
- when it resolves this time the song ends, really nice!
Resignation to pain in the verse, comfort in the chorus, these kind of play back and forth
The chorus without melody is really nice, not even a solo, just a period of rest