The Parenting Community
We're a friendly, open community, loosely based on talking about
having and raising children.
Code of Conduct
Diversity is a great strength of any community, and our
parenting one is no exception to this. However, it can also lead to
communication issues and unhappiness. To that end, we have a few
ground rules that we ask people to adhere to:
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. We are a community of
professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Be kind to
others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment
and other exclusionary behaviour aren't acceptable. This includes,
but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally
identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you
to stop, then stop.
- When we disagree, try to understand why.
- We care about accessibility. Please try to be
- We are an evidence-based community. We aim for Show, Don't
If you have questions, some of these concepts are elaborated on
in the CoC for a sister community I run;
or, as always, please feel free to contact the administrator directly.
Last modified: Fri 2 Jul 15:13:32 BST 2021