$>ls -al ../.plan ../.project
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jlj family 783 2020-09-06 12:38 ../.plan
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jlj family 657 2020-09-05 21:12 ../.project
Back from furlough \o/ shadowing colleagues now
I want to get a Vault HA cluster up and running on my home
- I need a sandbox to play in and break things, so I don't
do it on client sites
- I've re-purposed an old netbook, two old laptops and a
very old Dell desktop, now running LXLE and Xubuntu
respectively, to this end
- I've also successfully bridged some LXD containers to
the LAN, to bolster numbers
- I had been playing with Multipass, but I couldn't get
libvirt working, nor bridging as a result
- Really happy with the runbook I'm putting together:
it's based on public tutorials, but also on the (currently)
private Vault CHIP bootcamp I completed recently
Thinking about using Cockpit to manage my containers, instead of LXC
I still love Multipass:
Thinking about getting certified as a Linux system administrator:
I want to write a comic book:
- Thinking about using it to host a Splunk indexer cluster with a search head cluster
- I've upgraded my main desktop to 16GB of RAM; bet I could host a decent set-up without touching the LAN
- I've made a start at developing some storyboards
- I've bought a Huion Inspiroy H950P drawing tablet to speed up prototyping
§ Further info:
Don't forget to check out our club!
World wanderers, we have lost a wise elder.
Hackers for right, we are one down.
Parents all, we have lost a child.
Let us weep.
--Sir Tim Berners-Lee
RIP Aaron Swartz
1986 - 2013
Last modified: Mon 14 Sep 15:04:13 BST 2020 — firstname.lastname@example.org