Welcome to Ctrl-C Club! Population: 222
Signups are open! Join us here!
Just signed up? Looking for some documentation? Wondering "What now?"
Read our fine wiki!
Want to chat?
Hop into our open IRC server! irc.ctrl-c.club:6667
It's a place for the curious to poke around and play.
Ctrl-C Club is a Linux server offering free SSH and web accounts to users who want to build webpages, chat online, learn Linux, play text console games, or fiddle around writing software.
- Make a web page
- Chat with others
- Learn some Linux
- Play games
- Do some programming
- And A Bunch of Other Stuff
Find more information in the FAQ or the Wiki.
What's everyone been up to?
- We now have a bot that tracks what's going on in the IRC channels! Big thanks to ~greymtr for getting that set up!
- ~philips has kicked off an ambitious new project: The Flow MUD! Check it out and pitch in to help!
- ~jstg is putting together a list of the software that's installed on Ctrl-C.club! Check it out!
- ~philips put together a new tool for creating polls from the command-line, which is now available system-wide.
- ~philips has updated Bake. Now it will set the author's name to the system username by default!
- ~ksikka hit the ground running with an in-depth look at Berkeley DB
- ~philips has put together a collaborative short story project. Go read and contribute!
- Bake has been updated to support multiple bakefiles and RSS feeds. Thanks, ~philips!
- ~Azmo has put together a tool for editing his site straight from the browser: Rotide! Some of us have taken to opportunity to leave little notes on his site. Check it out!
- Our own ~philips has been working on Bake, a templated blog generator. It's been installed for anyone to use, so give it a whirl!
~philips has made a new tool, netrec, for recording nethack sessions, which can be played back in your browser! Check it out and watch it play!
- ~bear has put together a map of Ctrl-C.club users. Find it here! Read the description of the page to find out how to opt-in.
- ~endorphant has set up a World File at /home/endorphant/HELLO.txt. Hop in and leave a message saying howdy!
- ~bear has been working on making a list of all the projects and code Ctrl-C.clubbers are working on! Check it out!
- A couple of Ctrl-C members have been working with Inform 7 to write text adventure games (aka Interactive Fiction). ~endorphant has put up some documentation about parchment, a system for running Z-Machine games in the browser!
- ~endorphant is building a page to make a narrative out of our nethack sessions! Check it out!
- ~pgadey keeps building new stuff! Now we have a place where you can see whose pages have been updated lately.
- We now have some docs on communicating with wall, who, finger, and write. Thanks, ~pgadey!
- See the nethack high scores here.
Links to useful Ctrl-C.club pages
Looking for information about the outage of Feb. 2016? Check here.