Games for Linux and such
So much fun can be had with a scripting language and a terminal emulator.
Some of these were meant as prototypes; others were ports, made for learning. They all turned out fine games anyway and deserve to be here. There just wasn't any "here" for them until now.
- Lost in the Jungle
- kind of an Oregon Trail-style game? idk;
- originally adapted from an old book of Basic games for a jam;
- this version is made in Lua 5.x for the command line.
- my personal Hamurabi clone (yep, the humble classic);
- written in shell script; requires Bash / Zsh / ksh.
- Space Cruiser Orion
- a Trek game with the serial numbers filed off;
- started as a prototype for a graphical version, was worth keeping;
- runs in Python 2.7 or 3.3+ with the
- Tomb of the Snake
- coffeebreak roguelike in Python and
- see in writing for how to make your own.
- Glittering Light
- minimal rogue-lite prototype cut out of Tomb of the Snake;
- ended up a graphical game with many versions and even a sequel.
In more detail
- Orion TT
- port of Space Cruiser Orion to the Linux console;
- native executable with source code included.
Last modified on .